SWS Fibre Awards
- SWS Dimensions Fibre Award
- SWS sponsors a Fibre Award for the Dimensions Exhibit hosted by the Saskatchewan Craft Council. The prize amount has changed over the years, it is currently $500.
Past SWS Events and Exhibits
- Sheep to Shawl
- Group project at the 2019 Humboldt Sheep Show. Photos and description courtesy of Judy Haraldson.
- Prairie Woven - A History of the Searle Grain Weaving Program
A show organized by Shelley Hamilton of the Saskatoon Spinners and Weavers Guild. It describes a piece of Saskatchewan history from the late 1930's and early 1940's. With a view to help farm families be more self sufficient, the Searle Grain company helped prairie women learn to weave.
The exhibit was held at the Saskatchewan Craft Council in Saskatoon from Sep 15 to Oct 28, 2017. Selected weaving on display illustrated the weaving drafts of Oscar Beriau, the man who shaped and develop the program.
- Playing Together
- The 2016 SWS Online Exhibit based on collaboration.
- Its Our Nature, 2011-2012
- Curated by Emelie, toured the province to venues arranged by each guild.
- 100 Years of Common Threads, 2006
- Curated by Cathryn Miller, this included historical works from various collections across the province. It opened at the Saskatchewan Craft Council and toured across the province.
- The Great Saskatchewan Scarf Show, 2003
- Opened at Saskatchewan Craft Council Gallery in Saskatoon and toured to other Saskatchewan galleries including Traditions Handcraft Gallery in Regina.
- Prairie Inspirations, 2000
- Premiered at Saskatchewan Craft Council Gallery in Saskatoon and toured through the Organization of Saskatchewan Arts Councils.
- Blue Plus, 1994-1995
- Held at various Saskatchewan galleries including Sask Power's Gallery on the Roof in Regina.